Your Rating Software Implementation Checklist
Introducing NetRate’s commercial lines rating software to your organization is meant to make your life easier and worry-free. You’ll soon enjoy a more streamlined process for management of the full policy lifecycle and operate with the knowledge that the rates you quote are accurate. While you can count on our team to handle much of the implementation process, your company has a role to play in creating a smooth transition. As Abraham Lincoln once said, “Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
Here are some ways you can “sharpen the axe” to set your organization up for a smooth transition to NetRate:
- Notify your team. Think about all areas of your company that will benefit from, and be affected by, a change to new rating software.
- Assign a key contact. Identify who in your firm is most familiar with your processes and can provide insight to help our team determine how to configure the software. It helps if this person is knowledgeable about rating, well organized, can keep timelines, and is given authority to make decisions.
- Make sure your IT infrastructure is up-to-date. Your NetRate implementation specialist will provide you with a list of items to check, including SQL database availability, server structure, internet bandwidth, and more. You can also refer to our Checklist for Annual Tech Maintenance for more ways to make sure your tech is ready.
- Gather current reports, forms and documentation. Be ready to show reports you currently use, carrier forms you generate and any documentation you have of your current processes. Think about what you like, don’t like and wish could be better.
- Make note of any changes. Double check that the custom programming and configurations you discussed with NetRate in the sales cycle are still correct. If you are aware of any changes, let us know as quickly as possible. That ensures a smoother and timelier implementation for you.
- Prioritize time for training. We will train your designated raters, underwriters, CSRs and anyone else that you require on a videoconference call – at your convenience.
- Play around with the base software. After training, you will have access to the software while our team works on your unique changes. Work with the base system to keep training fresh and to become familiar with how the product works. The more you use any software, the easier it is to navigate.
- Test the software. When customizations are delivered, put NetRate to the test. Jump right in with your biggest quote, your most complicated quote, and an average quote to see if anything goes bump in the night.
- Document any hiccups with a Support ticket. With any custom software configuration, issues may arise. Use our Support Department – just click on Support from the application to generate a ticket in our case management system, or email Support@netrate.com.
We are always looking for ways to make your work life easier. If you are a seasoned NetRate user and have ideas to share with a program administrator that is just getting started, let us know! Reach out to your account manager or give us a call at (877) 790-1114. The NetRate team members are customization experts and welcome your ideas.